Cal Construction (with faculty coach Prof. Iris Tommelein) went to Sparks, Nevada last week to compete in the Associated Schools of Construction (ASC) Competition. Among 1540 students competing from 53 Universities and 20 states, Cal Construction was 75 students strong and had teams competing in 10 tracks this year. Four Cal teams as well as one student on an Alternates team placed among the top three in their track. These are:
- Sustainability - 1st Place, with team members: Jeannie Yang (team lead), Adam Banga, Isaias Marroquin, Isabella Roberson, Yuuki Tanaka, Maya Facciolo
- Alternates - 1st Place - Ruihao Zhu and his team with Alternates from other schools.
- Design-Build - 2nd Place. Team: Sarah Chen (team lead), Alex Zhao, Sharon Li, Vincenzio Widjaja, Weiliang Jin, Wan Chi Li
- Virtual Design and Construction - 2nd Place. Team: Karilin Yiu (team lead), Aidan Aparri, Alejandro Sannia, Hay Thi, Victoria Lim, Tianxiang Lan
- Integrated Project Delivery Team #1 - 2nd Place. Team: Louis Pak (team lead), Hector Arias, Sulyn Gomez, Vishesh Singh, Rafael Vigario Coelho, Shanshan Chi