Join one or more of the active student organizations in CEE and the College of Engineering. Learn to apply CEE knowledge outside of the classroom, get leadership and teamwork experience, meet students with similar interests, go on tours and field trips, and participate in community service projects.
- ASCE Student Chapter has a membership of over 230 students.
- Chi Epsilon is the undergraduate honor society in CEE (invitation only).
- Institute of Transportation Engineers Student Chapter
CEE Competition Teams
- Concrete Canoe team
- Steel Bridge team
- Environmental team
- Construction team
- GeoWall team
- Seismic Design team
- Sustainable Solutions team
- Cal Transportation team
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
- Engineers for a Sustainable World (ESW)
Research Opportunities Outside of Class
Hands-on research experience adds to the quality of the undergraduate program and introduces you to the importance of graduate study.
- COE's Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Undergraduate Research at Berkeley
- Berkeley Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program
- Supervised independent study (CE 99, CE 199, and CE H194). Receive course credit.
- Competition teams (listed above)
- Laboratory Volunteer
Berkeley Study Abroad (BSA) allows you to explore oversees locations—while taking coursework. See How to Study Abroad as a CEE student.