Students in CEE are encouraged to seek mentoring from CEE faculty advisers.
Faculty advisers (and, indeed, all faculty members) hold office hours throughout the school year to help you with course content; advise on courses, career objectives, graduate school, letters of recommendation, and summer internships.
CEE students should meet with a faculty adviser of their choice at least twice a year for academic advising. The department hosts Academic Advising Forums each semester to facilitate advising.
The faculty adviser reviews the student's proposed academic schedule, suggests coursework based on the student's interest and offers mentoring for career development. If a student struggles academically, as evidenced by their GPA, the department will require academic advising prior to enrollment in classes the following semester.
Prior to your faculty adviser meeting, you should:
College of Engineering Advising
You are also assigned an Engineering Student Services adviser in the College of Engineering. ESS advisers monitor your progress towards your degree and explain graduation requirements, interpret COE policy, and explain the petition process.
CEE's Undergraduate Adviser, Julia Konopasek, (email@example.com) answers registration questions, describes courses, interprets departmental policy, and makes referrals to resources on campus.
Contact Julia to make an appointment or stop by 750 Davis Hall during drop-In advising, Monday: 1pm-4pm only, Tuesday: 9am-NOON, Wednesday: Appointment ONLY, Thursday: 1pm-4pm, Friday: 9-noon, 1pm-4pm.
- CalCentral is the place to obtain an unofficial degree check online.
- Degree Worksheet will help you track completion of degree requirements.
- Enrollment Form for getting a hold released
- CEE Courses, CEE Course Sections, CEE Course Sections Schedule can all be found here (halfway down the page)
- UCB Schedule of Classes is where you can find information to help you map out your program of study for current and future semesters.
- Chi Epsilon sponsors a Departmental Advising Forum each semester. Faculty and upper division students are available to answer questions about classes and career paths.
- Each fall, CEE sponsors Graduate School Night with information on how to prepare for graduate school. See Graduate School Preparation Tips.