Additional Advising Resources
- Graduate Student Adviser (GSAO) helps you navigate the systems and rules set by CEE, Graduate Division and the International Office from admission through graduation.
Shelley Okimoto and Sara McCarthy
Note: Forms and requests needing the input or signature of the Head Graduate Adviser go to the GSAOs first.
- Graduate Division Representative ensures major milestones are recorded in a student's career. Acts as liaison with the Graduate Dean and the department.
- Program/Faculty Adviser provides individualized guidance on the classes, content, and goals of your study and/or research, and how to obtain them. Can also advise on career goals and opportunities, and provide academic support.
CEE Faculty Program Advisers are e-mailed directly to students. See Shelley or Sara if you have questions.
- Head Graduate Adviser (HGA) has a more comprehensive role than graduate advisers. Only the Head Graduate Adviser can make formal requests to the Graduate Division.
Note: Exceptions and requests to Graduate Division are handled and tracked by the GSAO as other approvals may be required before a case is made to the HGA and Graduate Division.
- Department Equity and Inclusion Officer oversees CEE's inclusiveness with regard to student representation in the undergraduate/graduate student bodies, and in CEE policy and practice.
- Faculty adviser for GSIs ensures that our Graduate Student Instructors get the preparation and supervision needed to provide high-quality education to Berkeley students.
Course Planning Tools
- CEE Current Course Sections
- CEE Current Course Sections Schedule (Calendar)
- Schedule of Classes
- Berkeley Academic Guide
GSI, Reader, GSR Employment
- Graduate Student Instructor (GSI)
- Graduate Student Researcher (GSR)
- General Finance Information
Career and Mentoring Network for Students & Alumni
Join CEE Connections. Expand your professional network. Share career experience and learn from others.
Postings maintained by CEE (send job opportunities to email@example.com)
Postings maintained by AfterCollege Career Network (Post opportunities)
- Principles of Community
- How to get help
- Division of Equity & Inclusion
- Report an Incident/Resources
- PATH to Care
- Disabled Students Program
- Centers for Educational Justice and Community Engagement
- Student Learning Center
- Undocumented Student Program