Additional Advising Resources
- Graduate Student Adviser (GSAO) helps you navigate the systems and rules set by CEE, Graduate Division and the International Office from admission through graduation.
Jessica Zhang and Sara McCarthy
Note: Forms and requests needing the input or signature of the Head Graduate Adviser go to the GSAOs first.
- Graduate Division Representative ensures major milestones are recorded in a student's career. Acts as liaison with the Graduate Dean and the department.
- Program/Faculty Adviser provides individualized guidance on the classes, content, and goals of your study and/or research, and how to obtain them. Can also advise on career goals and opportunities, and provide academic support.
CEE Faculty Program Advisers are e-mailed directly to students. See Jessica or Sara if you have questions.
- Head Graduate Adviser (HGA) has a more comprehensive role than graduate advisers. Only the Head Graduate Adviser can make formal requests to the Graduate Division.
Note: Exceptions and requests to Graduate Division are handled and tracked by the GSAO as other approvals may be required before a case is made to the HGA and Graduate Division.
- Department Equity and Inclusion Officer oversees CEE's inclusiveness with regard to student representation in the undergraduate/graduate student bodies, and in CEE policy and practice.
- Faculty adviser for GSIs ensures that our Graduate Student Instructors get the preparation and supervision needed to provide high-quality education to Berkeley students.
CEE Outreach Channels
To share news items, announcements, social media posts, job opportunities, and submit Calendar events, please fill out the content submission form listed here or direct inquiries to the department's outreach email: email@example.com.
To send items to email listservs for CEE lecturers, postdocs, visiting scholars, and/or visiting student researchers, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit items for undergraduate and graduate student e-newsletters, please fill out the form above.
Course Planning Tools
- CEE Current Course Sections
- CEE Current Course Sections Schedule (Calendar)
- Schedule of Classes
- Berkeley Academic Guide
GSI, Reader, GSR Employment
Career and Mentoring Network for Students & Alumni
Join CEE Connections. Expand your professional network. Share career experience and learn from others.
Postings maintained by CEE (send job opportunities to email@example.com)
- see our LinkedIn page for relevant job postings
Postings maintained by AfterCollege Career Network (Post opportunities)
- Principles of Community
- How to get help
- Division of Equity & Inclusion
- Report an Incident/Resources
- PATH to Care
- Disabled Students Program
- Centers for Educational Justice and Community Engagement
- Student Learning Center
- Undocumented Student Program
2022-23 Career Fairs
- The Fall CEE Career Fair (Sponored by the Berkeley Career Center) will be held on Wednesday, October 16, 2022, 4-7 pm.
- The Spring CEE Career Fair (sponsored by the ASCE Student Chapter) will be held on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 4-7 pm; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.