Master of Science (MS)
The CEE MS degree will help you gain a deeper knowledge of a specialized field that will help you advance in your career as a professional engineer. You will become proficient in tracking new developments, and gain skills that will enable you to change directions throughout your career.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN CEE
The CEE MS is a technically rigorous degree that will help you advance in your career as a professional engineer. You will gain a deeper knowledge of a specialized field, become proficient in tracking new developments, and have the skills to enable you to change directions throughout your career.
Rigorous. Incorporates advanced courses in mathematics, chemistry, physics and the life sciences in a thorough technical program that uses engineering systems approach to analyze problems.
Flexible. Offered in a wide-range of subdisciplines or Programs. Each of our 7 CEE Programs lets you tailor your 9-month long series of courses to suit your individual interests.
Research opportunities. Conduct research with faculty at the forefront of their disciplines.
Network. Learn alongside peers destined to be the creative leaders in their fields. Connect with alumni and friends in the industry.
TOP-RANKED PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY
Berkeley CEE Graduate programs are consistently ranked number one among all the civil and environmental engineering programs in the U.S.
- Full-time degree, 24 units of course work
- Completed in 9 months (fall & spring semesters)
- All classes taught on Berkeley campus by award-winning CEE faculty
- Classes and social opportunities for maximum interaction with students and instructors
- Alumni industry connections for career advancement
Each of the 7 Technical Specializations has unique prerequisites and requirements. Consult the Graduate Requirements of each.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
The CEE MS is administered by Berkeley’s CEE Department.
- How to apply
- Application deadline: Dec.16, 2019 at 8:59pm PST.
- Application fee waived for applicants from California State Universities.
- See Our Diversity Mission in the MS Program.
- Admission requirements
- Need either a B.S. degree in an accredited engineering curriculum or satisfy the equivalent of a B.S. degree in engineering as determined by the CEE Department.
The UC Berkeley Registrar's Office posts the current tuition and fee rates. In addition, the Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition is a requirement for Master of Science students. On a per semester basis in 2019-20, this will add approximately $3250 for California residents and $6327 for non-residents to the cost of attending.
Financial aid, as well as numerous ways to earn money while a student, can be found at Finances.