Our Diversity Mission in the MS Program
Berkeley CEE encourages applications from graduates of California State Universities─especially first-generation and low-income students, women and underrepresented minorities.
Our MS degree: Rigor + Resources
While the CEE MS degree requires your best, we will provide resources to help you realize, and build on, your strengths along the way, such as:
- a diverse, inclusive community that has succeeded and is ready to help you succeed.
- faculty committed to teaching. They will meet with you in weekly office hours, and go the extra mile to get you the help you need.
- enabling you to develop your specialty. We offer 7 sub-disciplines so that you can tailor your degree to suit your interests.
- affinity groups. This year's groups are:
- Back to school after time away/new specialization
- Balancing work, school, and/or family
- Finding and building an inclusive community in engineering
- resourceful and concerned graduate advisers.
- student associations
TOP-RANKED PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY
Our graduate programs are consistently ranked number one among all the civil and environmental engineering programs in the US.
Affordability is our priority
- Financial aid is available in the form of grants and fellowships.
- Your application for admission automatically places you in consideration for financial aid—no additional action is needed.
APPLICATION FEE WAIVED FOR CALIFORNIA STATE SCHOOL APPLICANTS! (CSU applicants pay the fee when they apply and are reimbursed later.)
Increase Career & Salary Prospects in only 9 months
- The vast majority of our MS graduates have job offers by graduation.
- MS graduates earn a 20% higher salary at their first job.
- Within 2 years of graduation, you have made up your investment in the MS degree.
Attending Berkeley’s CE MS program led to irreplaceable professional development and lifelong connections. Valuable lessons will be learned in your desired area of focus by renowned professors and new peers. The opportunities after graduation are limitless too; for example, I accepted my career position 6 months before graduating.
The MS program at Berkeley was challenging and required hours of dedication, but no regrets. Learning from the world’s brightest minds and working daily with the most talented and diverse classmates molded me into the engineer I am today. It equipped me to face complex engineering problems and allowed me to give back to Cal Poly (that made all of this possible).
Berkeley will improve your chances of joining top civil and environmental engineering firms because many Berkeley alumni work in these firms and look favorably on Cal grads.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
The CEE MS is administered by Berkeley’s CEE Department.
- How to apply
- Admissions requirements
- Consult each Program’s unique prerequisites and requirements
- Need either a B.S. degree in an accredited engineering curriculum or satisfy the equivalent of a B.S. degree in engineering as determined by the CEE Department.
- Application deadline: December 16, 2019 at 8:59pm PST.
QUESTIONS / CONTACT
- Questions about financial aid and the financial aid timeline? Contact Professor Tina Chow, Vice Chair for Graduate Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 643-4405.
- Questions about diversity resources? Contact Professor Evan Variano, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, email@example.com, (510) 642-2648.
- Read CEE Admissions, Application Instructions, and FAQ. If the answer to your question is not there, contact the CEE Academic Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, (510) 643-6640.