The Equity and Justice in CEE Seminar Series promotes theory, science, and dialogue on social equity and racial justice in the built and urban environment. It features speakers of various academic disciplines and activism groups working on different aspects of equity and justice in civil systems, such as air and water quality, transportation, vulnerability to extreme weather, climate change, health disparities, mitigation measures, community development, resilient cities, and environmental justice policy.
Thank you to all who joined us for this year's inaugural series, which featured the following speakers.
- Dr. Bob Bullard, Distinguished Professor, Barbara Jordan-Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs, Texas Southern University; The Quest for Environmental and Climate Justice in the United States; Friday, January 29, 2021
- Veronica Eady, Senior Deputy Executive Officer of Policy & Equity, Bay Area Air Quality Management District; The AB 617 and the Democratization of Air Quality Management; Friday, February 12, 2021
- Dr. Michael O. Ball, Robert H. Smith School of Business & Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland; Equitable Resource Allocation in Air Traffic Management and Applications in Broader Contexts; Friday, February 26, 2021
- Dr. Esther Obonyo, Associate Professor, Penn State University; Director, Global Building Network; Equity and Justice Through a more Inclusive Building Performance Agenda; Friday, March 12, 2021
- Terry Travis, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, EVNoire; and Gabriella Lanzas, Policy Associate / Community Engagement, EVNoire; Driving an Equitable Future - Engaging Diverse Communities and CBOs; Friday, April 9, 2021
- Dr. Adrienne Brown, Associate Professor, University of Chicago; Residential Forms or Thinking Race and Homeownership as a Humanist; Friday, April 16, 2021
- Hana Creger, Environmental Equity Program Manager, The Greenlining Institute; Environmental Equity: Solving Poverty and Pollution at the Same Time; Friday, April 23, 2021
For questions or further information, email Pam Ong at email@example.com.