The Equity and Justice in CEE Seminar Series promotes theory, science, and dialogue on social equity and racial justice in the built and urban environment. It features speakers of various academic disciplines and activism groups working on different aspects of equity and justice in civil systems, such as air and water quality, transportation, vulnerability to extreme weather, climate change, health disparities, mitigation measures, community development, resilient cities, and environmental justice policy.
- Dr. Bob Bullard, Distinguished Professor, Barbara Jordan-Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs, Texas Southern University; The Quest for Environmental and Climate Justice in the United States
- Friday, January 29, 3-4pm PST, https://berkeley.zoom.us/s/95467601557
- Veronica Eady, Senior Deputy Executive Officer of Policy & Equity, Bay Area Air Quality Management District; The AB 617 and the Democratization of Air Quality Management
- Friday, February 12, 3-4pm PST, https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/92665462879
- Dr. Michael O. Ball, Robert H. Smith School of Business & Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland; Equitable Resource Allocation in Air Traffic Management and Applications in Broader Contexts
- Friday, February 26, 3-4pm PST, https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/97646014168
- Dr. Esther Obonyo, Associate Professor, Penn State University; Director, Global Building Network
- Friday, March 12, 3-4pm PST, https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/94781597952
- Terry Travis, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, EVNoire
- Friday, April 9, 3-4pm PST, https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/98039360959
- Dr. Adrienne Brown, Associate Professor, University of Chicago
- Friday, April 16, 3-4pm PST, https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/97184494310
- Hana Creger, Environmental Equity Program Manager, The Greenlining Institute; Environmental Equity: Solving Poverty and Pollution at the Same Time
- Friday, April 23, 3-4pm PST, https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/95076460573
For questions or further information, email Pam Ong at firstname.lastname@example.org.