The CEE Academy of Distinguished Alumni proudly announces its Class of 2022, a cohort of outstanding civil and environmental engineering leaders with strong ties to Berkeley CEE!
Congratulations to our eight newest members, and in-memoriam of the late James Roberts and Warren Kaufman.
Class of 2022
- Mark Bley, President, Dome Construction Foundation; President and CEO Emeritus, Dome Construction Corporation
- Lisbeth B. Collins, Director of Engineering, Build Change
- Emily M. Guglielmo, Vice President & Principal, Martin/Martin, Inc.
- Jack P. Moehle (Honorary Membership), Ed & Diane Wilson Presidential Chair in Structural Engineering Emeritus, University of California at Berkeley
- S. Bry Sarté, Founder and CEO, Sherwood Design Engineers
- Zakiya Seymour, Expert Management Consultant, Arcadis
- Ken J. Susilo, Senior Principal and Director, California Water Resources, Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.
- Dr. Shahriar Vahdani, Senior Consultant, Applied Geodynamics, Inc.
- Warren J. Kaufman, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- James E. Roberts, Chief Engineer, Caltrans
Academy of Distinguished Alumni Banquet
On the evening of April 27, 2023, the Academy of Distinguished Alumni will hold its banquet to honor the Class of 2022. The banquet will be at California Memorial Stadium on the Berkeley campus. The event will begin with a reception at 5:30pm, followed by a dinner.
To attend the banquet, complete the RSVP form and mail your payment for tickets or donation (see below). Payment must be in the form of a check made payable to "UC Berkeley Foundation," with memo "For (CEE)²", and mailed to:
760 Davis Hall, MC 1710
Berkeley, CA 94720-1710
Donations support students in attending the Banquet
You can be an Academy Donor, which will subsidize the cost for students and junior faculty to attend the banquet! We have five Donor levels:
- Platinum ($15,000)
- Blue ($7,500)
- Gold ($5,000)
- Silver ($3,000)
- Bronze ($1,500)
See 2022 ADA Donor Opportunities for more information.
The deadline for Donor commitments is March 15, 2023.
Target for 2022
Funds from the banquet will support (CEE)²: Community-Engaged Education in Civil & Environmental Engineering, a first-of-its-kind program dedicated towards advancing community engagement within research, teaching, and service across CEE and building relationships, and strengthening partnerships with local Bay Area communities.