Professional Development Certification Program (PDC)
The CEE Professional Development Certificate Program is intended to help students develop the professional skills of management, effective communication, and team building through selected elective coursework, DeCal courses, seminars and workshops, participation in CEE student groups and competition teams, and industry experience (an externship and internship).
At this time the Professional Development Certification Program is only open to students currently enrolled in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley.
Students must participate in all of the following:
- CE 92 Introduction to Civil and Environmental Engineering
- CE 192 The Art and Science of Civil and Environmental Engineering Practice
- CE 98 Civil and Environmental Engineering Professional Certification 1
- CE 198 Civil and Environmental Engineering Professional Certification II
- A winter externship with evaluation
- A summer internship with evaluations
- Year-long participation in a student team or a CEE student group (ASCE, ITE, or XE)
- Professional communications experience, such as:
- Participate in a public speaking club
- Lead a group presentation in a senior design course
- Presentation in an ASCE competition team
- Poster presentation of research, on or off campus
Upon completion of the requirements, fill out the Notification of Completion form (below) and submit it to the CEE Academic Affairs Office, 750 Davis Hall, by the last day of classes in the semester in which the certificate is to be awarded.
NOTE: If you wish to request that a substitution for a program requirement be considered, attach a statement describing how the substitution meets the objectives of the requirement.
- Learning Agreement
- Internship Evaluation (to be completed by supervisor)
- Internship Evaluation (to be completed by student)
- Externship Evaluation
- Notification of Program Completion